Search This Blog

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lilliana's Room Makeover: DIY Wall Art

 
I had a moment the other day where I was watching my daughter run around her bedroom grabbing all of her stuffed animals and asking me to read her some books when I realized that she was not the tiny (well, not actually tiny) 8 pound 9 oz, 21.5in baby I brought home just a few 15 months ago! She is becoming a big girl! Where does the time go? It certainly doesn't seem like 15 months have passed us by. I then looked around her bedroom. I had done very little decorating to her bedroom. It was...honestly....really boring! An energetic, playful little girl like my Lilliana needs a very special room to match her crazy personality. I knew I needed to get to work and soon! She has started this climbing stage which makes me nervous, it is just a matter of time before she realizes the crib cant keep her in anymore. My husband and I have started looking into big girl beds for her and I cant very well put a beautiful new bed in such a boring looking room! So, I took a big breath and took everything out of the room and off the walls and made a game plan. First thing I needed to do was spruce up the walls. I had a perfect idea!

I saw this post on hellobee's blog about some diy edible finger paint. I instantly knew I had to try it, and knowing my crazy little girl, it would absolutly be something she would love doing. It was so simple and I had all of the ingredients in my pantry to make the paint! Just cornstarch, water, sugar and salt. I picked out some bright beautiful food coloring colors that would help make the boring tan walls pop. I brought her into the bathroom, (that way I could just throw her in the tub when we were done and not have to worry about her dripping paint on my carpet) layed down some trash bags, stripped her down to her diaper and let her make a masterpiece.  


 
And of course the first thing she had to do was sample some of it :)




She had an absolute blast getting all colorfully messy. Of course I threw on some old clothes and joined her, it was so much fun and so simple!

One down side to this whole project was that the poster board I used started bending when it started getting too wet and when it started drying. It made it a little difficult to hang but it brightens up the room so much that I can overlook a little lumpy parts. :)


Pin It Now!

No comments: