Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Decorating a full length mirror

I have not yet finished decorating my daughters room yet but those of you that know me know I like to make things harder on myself. Halfway through my daughters room redecorating I decide I need to also start working on redoing my bedroom. Oh boy. I took the dresser from her room (the wallpapered one) and put it back in our room. My mom had an extra dresser at her house she said I could redo which is currently in my daughters room taking up less space.


              (the before and after of the current dresser in my daughters bedroom)
 
I sanded the above dresser all down because it was a very glossy white and then painted the entire dresser a very soft blue. I then stenciled the front of the dressers with white paint to make the entire stenciling very subtle. Now all I have to do is find a mirror to add to the dresser :)
 
Now, moving on to a little bit of my bedroom. I decided to add a full length mirror onto our closet door. The only issue with it was that you could tell it was one of those $5 plastic mirrors. I thought it looked too cheap and plain and decided I needed to decorate it. 

                                                                
                                                                          (before)

My husband and I will be celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary in July so I decided to look through a couple of our wedding boxes we kept in the garage. I came across all the center pieces I made for our reception and decided I didn't want to decorate my mirror with just any old thing I wanted to use something from our wedding to make it more meaningful. That's where the centerpiece fillers come in. I used those decorative clear rock things (yes thats the technical term lol) that sort of look like marbles to fill all the vases that were sitting on the tables at the reception.




                                                            (after)

I brought in a bunch of the rocks and busted out one of my favorite craft tools, my hot glue gun, and simply glueed them on the frame of the mirror. I think it makes it look a little more glamorous and pretty than if I were to have just left it plain.


Pin It Now!

No comments: