Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

Lilliana's 1st Birthday

 
Well, I officially only have 177 more days to figure out what I'm going to do for Lilliana's 2nd birthday party. :) As I was brainstorming ideas today I decided to look back at what I did for her first birthday. 

I threw her a pink and green polkadot theme party and wanted to share all the hard work I put into it. We have a lot of aunts and uncles and cousins and second and third cousins so I knew there was going to be a ton of people there, and when I mean a ton only counting family we were around 80 people already. So I rented out a beautiful building and actually set it up the night before her birthday party. I set up all the tables and covered them in a light pink table cloth. Then I found these awesome small rolls of green polkadot tulle at the craft store and used them as the table runners. They were sparkly and so cute and worked so well as table runners. I then for eye appeal alternated plates and napkins with polkadot plates and napkins and pink silverware. 


For the centerpiece I hand made these cute little tissue flowers that I stuffed with pink and green chocolates for everybody to take as their favors as well. I ordered a ton of pink and green polkadot balloons as well and used them for height on each of the tables as well. 


I handmade the cupcake stands to have pink and green polkadots too. That was just a matter of cutting out different sized pieces of think cardboard and then hot gluing polkadot ribbon around the outside. I then covered canned fruit in plain white paper to make the different heights or tiers of the stand. Of course the cupcake liners were theme appropriate too. 
 

I was very surprised when my dad walks in with a light up poster sign he handmade for the entrance of the party. It was awesome!


The food table was even all pink and green too. (well the food itself wasnt pink and green, just the desert and utensils) I made a strawberry lime punch and all the food was displayed in pink and green bowls. The straws were even ordered online to be pink and green! Instead of using the traditional rice krispies for rice krispie treats I used Trix instead for Trix Krispie Treats...they were a HUGE hit and delicious and matched so well :)


It was a lot of work setting it up and making everything by hand but all the fun we had was what really mattered. I love when all of the family can get together and I especially love when this little girl is happy :)

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

marian said...

I'm looking forward to make things work for my lil girl's 2nd birthday too. you gave me an idea of what to do.. will be having purple and yellow polka dot party then thank. :)