Search This Blog

Monday, May 6, 2013

Chalk Board Table


My daughter is joyfully obsessed with sidewalk chalk right now. She even decided to sneak some inside the house one day and draw all over the wall!! I decided to make her a chalkboard craft table that she is free to draw all over when she sneaks in her next batch of chalk. :)


Above is what the table looked like before I started. (and yes that is a shadow of me taking a picture of the table :)) I lightly sanded it and wiped it all down. The I spray painted the bottom shelf a bright pink just so it wasn't all black. I wanted it to pop! Then I covered the bottom after it dried (to make sure no black paint got on the pink) and applied 4 light coats of the black spray paint chalk board paint. I followed the back of the can's directions for the most part, but I did read reviews of people saying they needed to apply about 4 coats of paint for it to work better so I did 4 just to be safe. This is what it looks like now!! Lilliana's new craft table that she can draw all over!
                                                            

Pin It Now!

No comments: